Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's my birfffday ^-^

I meant to get some pictures posted and work on the layout of my blog some this weekend, but so far I just haven't had any time! After work Friday I went shop (got three amazingly cute sun-dresses and an assortment of other pretties), and then came home and baked Billy's Vanilla Vanilla Cupcakes topped with rose flavored buttercream icing. They turned out very well and I was really pleased with the delicate rose taste of the icing (rose water was used in place of vanilla extract).

Today my sister Laura and I spent most of the day clearing out our dirty and cluttered office room and shredding old mail. We also went grocery shopping for my birthday dinner tomorrow night! Yay! I'm really excited about the menu I picked out:

Greek-esque salads (with green olives and feta cheese)
gyro burgers on homemade pitta bread with tzatziki sauce
homemade seasoned fries
deep, dark chocolate cake with orange marmade filling and tangerine-honey cream cheese
frosting
oranges and cream swirl ice cream

Sounds good, yeah?! ^-^ I'm pretty excited! Oh, and we purchased organic wine and minty Mojito's to drink with our meal! I'm definitely going to take some pictures tomorrow of the lovely foodstuff to post!

No comments: